There is no doubt that the Super Visa is a very special visa.
The visa is specially catered for parents and grandparents to visit their loved ones in Canada. The longer stay option is a favourite among families as loved ones can stay up to 2 years without the hassle of multiple-reentries as eligible families can enjoy multiple entries into Canada for up to ten years.
There are, however, income requirements in order to meet eligibility to apply for the Super Visa. Do note: The income requirements change every year due to inflation and other reasons.
The below are income requirements which your child or grandchild will require to meet for the period of application from January 1 to December 31, 2018.
The persons refer to the number of people living in the household, excluding the person/s the visa is being applied for.
Low Income Cut-Off (LICO)Size of Family Unit Minimum necessary
income of your child or grandchild
1 person $24,949
2 persons $31,061
3 persons $38,185
4 persons $46,362
5 persons $52,583
6 persons $59,304
7 persons $66,027
More than 7 persons, for each additional person, add $6,723
As explained above, these are the minimum income requirements. If the income falls below these limits, you will be unable to secure the Super Visa. Please also note that even if the income requirements are met, there is no guarantee the application can be accepted.
Besides income requirements, there are other requirements to qualify for a Super Visa and they include but are not limited to:
- Being eligible to enter Canada
- The visitor has to be a grandparent or parent of a Permanent Resident or Citizen of Canada
- Show that they can be financially supported by the family sponsoring them. This is essential as the Super Visa allows for up to 2 years of stay and many parents/grandparents are delighted to take up the offer to be with their loved ones and watch their grandkids grow up.
- Have to pass a medical examination
- Have medical insurance for Canada. Proof has to be provided that the medical insurance has been purchased from an insurance company in Canada. The insurance must be valid for one year, and a minimum coverage of $100,000 is applicable.
If you need help with your Super Visa insurance, let us guide you in bringing your parents and grandparents to Canada as long-term visitors. We also take care of all Medical Insurance which is a requirement for a Super Visa application.