This summary of benefits merely provides you with an overview. This insurance is designed to cover losses arising from sudden and unforeseeable circumstances.
It is very important that you read and understand the terms of your policy as the coverage contains provisions relating to eligibility, pre-existing conditions, limitations, and exclusions.
Q: What are some benefits of emergency medical insurance?
- Services of physician, surgeon, anesthetist
- Diagnostics, lab tests and/or x-rays
- Licensed local air, land and/or sea ambulance to the nearest hospital
- Private duty services of a registered graduate nurse up to $10,000
- Rental of medical appliances
- Drugs or Medications Up to $500 not exceeding a one-month supply
- Professional Services Physiotherapist, chiropractor, chiropodist, osteopath, podiatrist when ordered by the attending physician
- Up to $500 per practitioner for outpatient treatment
- Emergency Air Transportation / Return home When pre-approved by Select Care Transportation of Family Up to $3,000 to transport one family member or close friend and up to $1,000 for meals and accommodation
- Follow-up Visits Up to $3,000 for follow-up visits
- Accidental Dental Up to $3,000 for emergency treatment caused by an accidental blow to the face
- Dental Emergencies Up to $150 per day to a maximum of $1,500 when hospitalized Meals and Accommodation Up to $150 per day to a maximum of $1,500 when hospitalized
- Emergency Return Home Up to $3,000 for the additional cost of one-way economy transportation Return of Deceased Up to $10,000 for the return of remains or up to $4,000 for cremation or burial at the place of death
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Up to the maximum sum insured not to exceed $150,000 for loss of life, limb or sight resulting from an accidental injury
- Flight Accident Up to a maximum sum insured of $50,000
Option 1: Covered only if stable during the 120 days prior to the effective date
Option 2: All pre-existing conditions will be excluded from coverage
Q: What is the visitor is 80 or above?
All pre-existing conditions are excluded from coverage Limitations & Exclusions. Your policy contains certain limitations and exclusions. Please refer to policy wording for a complete list of the limitations and exclusions Deductible Options Age up to 85 / $0 deductible (deductible options are available).